Monday, January 29, 2007

How Cool!!

WOW,
Thanks for all the kind words and comments. I work nights and I got home around 12:30 am and my husband surprised me when I got home and said, "Did you see you had 3 comments on the blog".... I quickly said... "well it's up to six... (thanks Melissa for the shout out!!) but wow honey you looked!!" And as of this moment it is up to eight. It's so nice to know there is a supportive community out there. Thank you to everyone. And to Susan -- thanks for the info on how to post a clock. As you can see.. I DID IT!! I even posted a map and temp. site. Thanks.

Our progress thus far:
Today our social worker sent our homestudy to the agency. This is just an e-mailed version for review. An official one will be sent once our agency director reviews it and makes any corrections. Our agency director e-mailed me last week and asked for a scanned copy of our passports.
It felt good that for once she was finally asking me for things!!!!
I don't know what will come of this step.... But if I understand correctly we should plan to have things ready to send off to Russia by Mid Feb.
But don't quote me on this..... :)

4 comments:

Chelley said...

Wanting to say G day Mate!

All the way from Outback Australia!

wising you all the very best on this road of adoption...

hugz!

Laura said...

Hi there Brandi,
Welcome to blogger world. We are in PA too, but close to MD border. Just got back from trip 1 to meet our daughter. Now waiting on a courtdate.
hugs,
Laura

Chris Goeppner said...

Congrats Brandie and Steve and welcome to the blogger world of international adoption. We are so glad you joined us.=) I look forward to hearing about your progress. I'm a little familiar with the poconos area and skied there a couple of times. I grew in South Jersey.
Blessings,
Penny G
(future Mom of 2 children from Kras, Russia)

Anonymous said...

I very much like hearing all about
your long journey into parenthood.
I'am looking forward to having more great-grans. And I know that day can't come soon enough for you and Steve. Congrats Steve on the wrestling honors.