Saturday, October 6, 2007

Still Waiting

This has got to be the hardest part about adopting, the endless waiting. I know our time will come, but man is it taking forever. I'm told that once the accreditation thing is done, it will go fast. We are one of the first families, if not the first, for our region and our agency. SO I pray and I hope October brings good news. Meanwhile, to help me stay positive and deal with this later than expected travel, I just tell myself, the later it happens, then maybe there's a chance I can catch the Nutcracker/Swan Lake at the Bolshoi Theater. I know it's playing a few times this winter.
(Lets not tell my husband I've been checking up on the ballet, I know what he will say. I have to find a way to "spring" it on him nicely and in a fun way!! That should keep me occupied while we wait for news!! Suggestions on how to take a "manly man" to the ballet would be nice.) He doesn't care too much for hockey or that might be a nice comprise.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

just tell him that it is a once in a lifetime chance for anyone to see the ballet at the bolshoi theater. How many people can say they have done that.

Chris said...

We feel for you - we are in a similar boat. accreditation is keeping us from going to pick up our twin girls. We should have gone a couple of months ago.

What a great idea about going to the Bolsoi!

Christen L said...

I'm sorry it's taking so long. Glad to hear from you, though. As for the ballet, I'm going to have to think about that. Are you asking for a boy? (Sorry if I should know this - I forgot and am too lazy right now to go back and look lol!) If so, my suggestion would be to tell him that you are going to be doing all kinds of sports ans boy things from here on out and this is one of your last chances to do something girlie. :) Or you could just buy the tickets and say something along the lines of "this is one of my dreams come true!" If he's anything like Frank, he'll just smile and nod and keep his complaints to himself (at least until he sees all the men in tights)

mommyto5 said...

I know the wait is so difficult. Prayers to you that reaccreditation happens soon!

Steveg said...

Actually the ballet isn't so bad. We went several years ago to the Nutcracker and I enjoyed it so much that we now do the whole ballet thing each year. So basically for 4 years now we've had season tickets (or whatever they call them). And we see 4-5 performances each year. It's pretty cool, really.

Nancy said...

YAY, Brandie I'm so glad you updated. I think about you soo often and I scour FRUA for news thinking of you. There are ways to butter up hubbys that work very well, wink, wink.

Christy said...

Hello! My husband and I are [finally] at the end of the process and will be travelling again at the end of this month. I had to laugh at your ballet comment; I'm trying to convince my husband to attend a performance as well!

I'll add you and your family to our prayer list!

Esther said...

I have been following your blog, and love it. I've gone private on my blog now. If you would like an invite to access my blog, please email me at:
sweetangelplus4@yahoo.com

Annie said...

We adopted four children through a non-accredited agency - the last one in September. You might consider changing agencies... Ours coordinates independent adoptions and is very successful at it! I feel for you....especially looking at those database photos. I STILL do it. I could fall in love with so many of them.

Christen L said...

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays and I hope everything is going okay for you!