Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm Still Here.. with a countdown to something??

I know I haven't posted much lately. But I'm still here. I'm just trying to get through each week. I seem to look forward to Saturdays. While most adoptive parents looked forward to Mondays... (when there were accredited agencies, that seemed to be the day info came out since Russia is a day ahead) I seem to like Saturdays. I'm not sure why, possibly because it is one more week that's gone in this waiting period. I don't know. But lately I've been a Saturday girl.
Still no "official" news on the accreditation front. Although I read in a Moscow paper (translated to English.. I don't read Russian) that the MOE officials were stating/quoted as saying-- June is when agencies can expect new accreditations. If that's true then I only have six more weeks. Now if that is true, then agencies should start finding out in about four or five weeks. I'm told by my agency director that agencies will know about two weeks before the accreditations come out. So let the countdown begin. I know it's hopeful thinking.. but at least it gets me to my Saturdays!

7 comments:

Christen L said...

hang in there! :) it won't be many more Saturdays and you will be flying to Russia! glad to hear from you on the blog though!

Melissa said...

sorry about the long wait. just part of the process i guess. it is mostly a waiting game with a few twists and turns thrown in. i hope accredidations begin soon.

Nancy said...

YAY to six more weeks, you are a sneaky devil to be reading the Moscow newspaper, you little researcher. Borris will be ready before you know it.

mommyto5 said...

I know this wait stinks, but when you least expect it, it will happen that's what happen to us! Prayers going out...

Suzanne said...

Very cool Russia date and comments. Clever idea. I feel for you with your long hard wait. May it end soon.

Thanks for including me in your blogroll. If you get a minute, you might want to update the link. We moved!

www.AdventuresInDailyLiving.blogspot.com

Best,

Suzanne

kate said...

I completely understand! I'm in the same place--rejoicing for each day and week that passes and brings us closer to the end of the journey. I actually blogged that earlier this week...

I hope that June is right!

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

the waiting is the toughest part. I just wrote about the "wait" on our orphan adoption blog. www.hisheartfororphans.blogspot.com

I am lifting you up during this time.