Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What are the Chances??

I figured while I'm waiting to hear from Russia, I'll call and check up on the I600A. That's the advance application to petition citizenship for an unidentified orphan. Since we don't have his name or know who our little "Boris" is right now, we had to apply for the I600A.

My region only needs a home study to go for the first trip. They want to make sure that the home is approved for a child. The immigration forms are needed for the second trip when we bring Boris home.

This application takes several months. We submitted it in Nov., we were fingerprinted at immigration in Dec. and the home study was sent to immigration in Feb/March. I haven't heard anything, so I figured I would call.

The lady who answered the phone asked me my name. Then she started to laugh. I asked what was so funny. She said, "well actually, I have your application on my desk in front of me right now. I just got it out to review it. "
Now what are the chances? The one day I call immigration --- to talk to the international adoption clerk who processes the entire state -- is actually looking at my application as I call. So I am hoping something will be in the mail soon. Once the immigration approval arrives it will be valid for 18 months. While the immigration fingerprints are good for 12 months. Go figure. Anyway, I'm praying Boris will be home before either expire!!!

P.S. Check out the side blog.. "TO CHINA AND BACK"!!! What a cutie!! It's nice to see someone moving in the adoption world!!

1 comment:

mommyto5 said...

Wow that's a God thing!Congrats hope this is a sign of more good news to come.