Sunday, May 20, 2007

Two Months

It has now been two months (March 20th) since the Ministry of Justice (in Russia) requested the additional documents from all agencies. The United States -- State Dept. stepped in and assisted. It provided the necessary documents needed to prove that any adopted child "that is naturalized" is granted the same citizenship rights as a natural born citizen. While we take it for granted here in the U.S. --- Russia requested the same info from all countries. So there may be others that don't offer the same rights to internationally adopted children.
Lets hope this week proves to be a good one. The end of May/ beg. of June is the six month mark on when the Gov. opened to accept applications for accreditation.

Not much else to say,
other than I'm sorry I haven't posted more often and I haven't posted on my favorite blogs. I can assure you I have been reading all of them. I just haven't felt in a spirited mood lately and while I'm usually a talkative person, I haven't been lately. I know it will change once accreditation rolls around.

7 comments:

yorkiemom said...

I'm right there with you about the not just being into it right now.

We're waiting with you and hope the accreditation issues get resolved soon!

mommyto5 said...

Prayers reaccreditations happen soon!

Rachael said...

Every day is one day closer.

Hope you get some good news soon.

Christen L said...

good to hear from you :) hang in there!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so saorry for the dread all this waiting can cause. I'm waiting too for my daughter from China. It's very hard.

Laura said...

Hope some good news happens soon! Wow, 6 months already?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
hugs,
Laura

Christen L said...

How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Any news on the accreditation front? Hope you're back posting soon :)