Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Not Much to Say

Hello,
I don't have much to say. Steve and I filled-out the forms for the state police/child/driver's records again. They went in the mail on Monday. We are hoping to hear back within two weeks or so. I'm not sure what to do about the social worker situation. Like I said, she was out of the office last week for personal reasons. So I understand her not getting/responding to my/my agency's e-mails last week. Now, after I didn't hear anything on Monday I sent a "touching base" e-mail Monday night , here it is Wednesday (1:30 am) and I still have heard nothing. This is a little annoying. She has a habit of not responding to e-mails and then she has a habit of saying she never got the e-mail. So what should I do? She has to redo a visit so I'm at her mercy for that. (our agency director would like a more recent visit-- it boils down to just having a visitation date closer to the dates that will be on everything once it's all finalized so that time lines and dates match up.) I was just hoping to have everything ready to go so when the clearance checks arrive we can get the home study notarized and apostilled. Is that too much to expect or ask?

4 comments:

Christen L said...

Seems like everyone has the most stress with the SWers. :( I don't understand that, but I guess it's good that I'm learning these things in advance. Mental Note: Make sure we get recommendations before we start with a SWer.

Oh and yes, I did get your message on our other blog. :) Thanks for leaving it! We love it in GC, too! In case I gave you the wrong address to our adoption blog, it is http://ellisfamily.blogsome.com

Deb said...

Sounds like you're having an awful time with your SW. I hope she gets a move on quick. I'd just keep e-mailing and calling her till you get a response. Everything is so time sensitive and she should know that, isn't that what you're paying the big $$ for?

Steveg said...

It's annoying and sometimes it seems like these people that are working in the adoption biz don't realize that the point of all this are little kids. But I think they do. It's just that there are a whole lotta little kids out there waiting for forever families and there's only so much work the agencies, SW, even the government officials can do.

At least it provides a good test on being a patient person.

Nancy said...

I wish I had something profound to say, but since we are just waiting on one lousy document from the state, all I can say is I feel you pain. Waiting stinks, but we will get through it. My hubby likes to point out that if we're forced to wait the temps in Magadan might hover near freezing, instead of below it.

Thinking of you