Wednesday, February 7, 2007

UPDATE!!

So our agency director got back to me about our home study.
I'm not too sure if what she sent is okay news or bad news... She listed plenty of suggestions for our social worker.
Some, simple things like: move this section to page three...this section to page two etc.
to things a bit more complex like: one of our clearance checks is about to expire.
So she wants new ones for both of us. I think at most the checks take like 30 days to get back.. but I'm not sure, it may be quicker since they really only have to check the past year.
I guess the real question will be how long it will take our social worker to make the changes.
I'm hoping for a quick turn-a-round!!

4 comments:

Susan&Wayne said...

HEY!! The same thing happened to us.....only our homestudy needed EXTENSIVE changes. Some of it was stuff she had not asked us yet, either...like....why we chose Russia, who would be the guardians of our children if something happened to us, and why we chose them, how far away we are from school, the nearest store, gasoline...etc????? I kept waiting and WAITING for our social worker to make the changes (she claims she asked the typist to do it).....but the bottom line was no one was asking me the answers to all the new questions....and NOTHING was being done!! Olga had sent a courtesy copy to me....so one night, I sat down at the computer and during a 4 hour editing session, I typed all the changes myself!! Then I e-mailed an updated copy to 1) my social worker, 2) her typist 3) Olga. Olga called and said all was OK with the changes. I told her I typed the changes, due to my SW not responding (seriously....our homestudy was LONGER than a pregnancy). She was OK with me making the changes and was just happy we could move on. Moral of the story....take matters into your own hands if no one gets moving. Also, thanks again for posting us and saying such nice things about our blog. Take care, and GET CRACKING on those changes!

Susan&Wayne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan&Wayne said...

Sorry, I must have clicked twice!! YIKES!!

Mom said...

Hi Brandie,
I take this as good news. It means people are looking at things. I read Susan's comment's. (Susan, you are my kind of girl!)
Can you make the changes yourself? I think that is an excellent idea. Good luck. :) Keep the info coming.