Thursday, February 8, 2007

Standstill

I called my social worker around noon today. She is not in the office and won't be until next week! So... there goes my wishful thinking that we could progress quickly. My selfishness ended when the office manager told me there was a death in her(social worker's) family and that's she won't be in until Monday. So this I can be patient for... and understand. It's not like she's on a cruise to Bermuda or something. It'd be easier to be upset if she was sitting on a beach sipping umbrella drinks.

I did probe to see if there was anyone else who could help us in getting our clearances started. The office manager said she could mail us the forms. I said that would be great!!

And if you read Susan's comment to my last post, we too have many questions/answers that our agency director would like to see added our home study. Things like occupation of my mother and Steve's mother. I guess the home study talked about our father's jobs but not enough about our mothers. In reality I think we could be done with everything within a week, except for the new dates for the child abuse clearance checks. And if that comes in two weeks -- okay three to four.. I could be in Harrisburg getting it all apostled by the beginning of March. That would be nice. And my husband can give a sigh of relief... he's being inducted into the State Hall of Fame for Wrestling March 10. He knows from here on out all our commitments are on standby. But it is nice to know we can both attend this ceremony and he can stand there and be honored. Good for him.

You know this "I'm not in control thing" just might be working out. But I won't say that too loud just yet!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Susan keeps telling me that if things aren't happening fast enough it's because our child isn't ready yet. Hold on to that thought, it really does help!

Nancy