Thursday, March 22, 2007

Borris your DAD is in the HALL OF FAME!!!



While we wait for the Russian Gov. to decide what they want to do, lets see if Steve even reads this blog, shall we???

A few weeks ago I posted that Steve was being inducted into the PIAA Hall of Fame. It was a very nice ceremony held during the state competition. This is the picture that was posted in the program. It's Steve's State Champion photo.

(I told him I was going to post it, although I don't think he believed me!!)


And here is a photo with his two brothers and his dad. (Steve is wearing the red tie.. he said he had to wear the school colors!! ) Now when I say I married into a wrestling family, that is an understatement. Both brothers are state champs too and his father is in the Hall of Fame for coaching. He coached all three boys and the school teams to numerous championships. His dad was featured in Sports Illustrated for his accomplishments. So needless to say, Steve is excited and prays Boris is into sports of some sort. I keep reminding him Russia is known for ballet as well!! We could be adopting a dancer! Which I wouldn't mind, I took dance lessons as a child!

8 comments:

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

Congrats Steve. :) By the way you looked so cute as a child.
Brandie I like the new format of your site. It looks good. We keep praying you hear something soon.

Christen L said...

Congratulations! What a good looking family you married into!?

Btw, how does your hubby feel about hockey? That's a Russian thing....

Nancy said...

Congrats to Steve.

I had to laugh at the Russia and ballet comment because I'm always saying the Grace could dance or do gymnastics Russians have always excelled at those things. I think do well at wrestling every Olympics so lets hope Steve gets a future mat rat.

Esther said...

Very cool about the wrestling!! I dated a couple of wrestlers in highschool. Great guys. One of them wanted to marry me after highschool. Didn't work out. Quite complicated. Now we have our 20yr reunion in one year. Yikes. Guess me & the ex will have a showdown at the reunion in '08. Hmmm.

I went on to marry a wrestler (& football lineman, golfer, trackstar, baseball fanatic, etc.) in 1992. My husband was a star athlete in highschool. Good thing though he was a wrestler. Wrestlers are HOT! ;o)

Susan&Wayne said...

Steve looks awesome!! Congrats to him!! My son's team took 2nd place at National's, and he did not even wrestle, they took the other 125 pounder! He went and had a great time, though. I am sorry you have had such a horrible time with all of this!! I often thought, as I was FedExing my many packages to Alaska....what if something happened to this box?? YIKES!! Just know that all of your delays are leading you to Boris (pronounced in Pa ROO ski --- Bah - Reese)!! Thanks for all of your support!!

Esther said...

I told my husband about your husband's wresting family. We discuss wrestling quite a bit around here. There's a school in our state, Lake Stevens High School, that has 4 boys, all state champs, and the dad has coached them & several teams to state championships. But your husband's uniform says the Spartans & has a red tie. Wrong school & colors. May I ask what school & state he graduated? We are so impressed with your family! That's quite an accomplishment as well to be written up in Sports Illustrated! WOW!

Melissa said...

If I did that to mike he would have killed me. Congrats on the great honor though.