Friday, March 9, 2007

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

With 30 seconds to spare. Really. I arrived at 3:30 and walked out at 4:00. There was one moment where my heart stopped and my eyes almost rolled out the tears. The lady doing the apostilling questioned our marriage certificates. Now of all the documents, this one already has its own gold seal and everything!!! But she didn't like how there were two signatures and one was the assistant of the notary. But in the end, since the notary signature WAS on the document they apositilled it.!! Yeah.
Then, on my way home, as I was trying to find interstate 81 to go home, I found a post office. So I stopped in to see if I could mail my stuff to the agency. I asked How long will it take to get to Alaska? He started to laugh and then said in shock--- "How does tomorrow by noon sound?" I said "I'll take it." He started to laugh and said in his wildest dreams never thought you could overnight to Alaska. I think I made his day. And that's good because I know he made mine!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Whoo-hoo way to go girl, you're on your way!!!

Christen L said...

YEAH!! You're getting so close! :) Good job!

Melissa said...

I'm just getting caught up. It seems like you really accomplished a lot. Good for you. I can't wait to hear of your first referral

Esther said...

I'm soooooo sorry you've had the perfume, wet, soggy dossier mess ;o(

I could scream for all the times my old agency lost or screwed up something with apostilles, and I had to redo them. Like you, in my state they are $15 per page as well, and I get to make a scenic round trip drive that takes me most of the day to our state capital for this adventure each time. Again, ;o(

I've lost track of how many times I've driven to the capital for said dossiers (probably about 10) but the cost approached $2000 by the time we completed court paperwork. Actually I could go verify that number as I just wrote it all down for our courtcase with "old agency", but I think it will leave me nauseated for the remainder of the day to know the actual figure.

Hang in there. It's good to vent and look for support with other adoptive parents. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you will meet your child.

Best wishes