Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Longer Wait than Expected

On Monday I took the papers to the post office, showed them and filed a claim. They said a check should be in the mail within 4 weeks. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for my agency to receive the last shipment of documents. It should be there by today (I'm hoping).

Once our agency director gets everything, she will then send all of it to Russia. That is a two/three week process. It takes a while to reach Siberia. From what I understand our papers have already been scanned and translated. So by the time the original documents arrive everything will be ready to submit to the Russian Gov. for a referral.

However, there is now a HUGE glitch. All agencies except for three (and by the end of April-- they too will be in this situation from what I understand) are waiting for the Russian Gov. to give out the certificate of accreditation. All agency directors were expecting that to happen by the end of March. That is what the Gov. had everyone believing. But this is Russia, and self imposed deadlines move. So they will do it when they get to it. Meanwhile this basically means international adoptions are shut down until the certificate is issued.

It is pending, so it's not like a few years ago or even last year where the Gov. was trying to figure out a new process. Now the process is in place, and from what I understand (which is little) most agencies are waiting for two ministries to sign the documents. Once that happens the certificate of re-accreditation will be issued within 10 days. So word could come anytime now or some are guessing by June. We will just have to wait and see.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suz said...

Oh I totally understand about this wait - it is agonizing!

I believe this is the first time I've read your blog, I'll go back and read the previous posts.

I look forward to hearing some good news here soon!!

Christen L said...

oh geez! not good news... hang in there.

Laura said...

Oh no! Hopefully the wait won't be so long.
Hang in there.
hugs,
Laura

Melissa said...

they can still work for the next 3 months without it. Our agency's accredidation expired after trip one and they still were able to finish the job. The only difference was that one of us had to go to the US Embassy with them to get the appt.

mommyto5 said...

I know this wait is the pits, hang in there when you least expect it it will happen! Prayers going out..

Nancy said...

Boris isn't ready yet, just keep chanting that. I repeat my mantra A LOT, and it helps. But if my hubby says good things come to those who wait one more time I shall slug him!

Here's to quick re-accredidation!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So does this mean your first visit may not be until June? Look at it this way...the longer you have to wait, the warmer it will be! Hang in there, you got through perfume and mail disasters, you can get through this too!
Love,
Becky