Friday, March 2, 2007

I Can't WIN!!!

Good news...
always start with something positive -- right?
The Child Abuse Clearances CAME!!!! And WE PASSED!!! (that I knew, but the state had to confirm it!) So we meet with the social worker on Monday to give her all the updated forms. She told me she can have all the "i's" dotted and the "t's " crossed by Monday night Tuesday morning -- and the e-mailed and final version of our homestudy will be off to our agency for final approval.
Sounds good RIGHT!!!
WRONG
Our agency director just e-mailed me and said she'll be away next WEEK!!
SO yet again... I take a deep breath.. and just wait.
She did send me all the forms filled in that need to be apostilled with our homestudy. So I have the initial dossier put together now---- But I can't get anything apostilled until she approves the homestudy.
I am not good at this waiting game!!

2 comments:

Christen L said...

geez.... you'll get there, don't worry! at least the mailman came through! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated.
I am sorry you are running into such "uncaring, seemingly oblivious to your needs" clerks.
But as the saying goes, they are just doing their jobs. I am sure that when this journey has reached its fullfillment you and Steve will not even give a second thought to all the problems it took to get youto that point.
Keep going Hon, I have full confidence in your abilities.